Saturday, July 23, 2022

Playlist: Added in July 2022

Pic of Tommy Dorsey Show

This July, I've added some interesting music into the Swing City Radio rotation. I covered the music from The Abbott and Costello Show in a previous post.  There's more than sixty new tracks from that show now on the platform.

Also added this month so far:

Music from "The Tommy Dorsey Show":
Some select tracks from this show include "Snooty Little Cutie", "Backstage At The Bali" and a fantastic version of "Not So Quiet Please"

Music from "The Woody Herman Show":
Songs from the show include "A Kiss Goodnight", "Put a Ring on That Finger" and a very interesting rendition of "On the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe".  I'd like to add more from this series but I'm currently running into a quality issue.  I'll keep you posted if I stumble upon some more music from that show that has audio that I can work with.  Unfortunately, some of the material found in the dusty archives of old time radio were originally poorly recorded.

Music from "Fibber McGee and Molly":
I've added some very good Billy Mills tracks from this show including: "Ive Got A Feeling I'm Falling" and "Holy Smoke, Can't You Take a Joke".

Music from "The Dennis Day Show":
Some of the track highlights include Johnny Mercer performing "Lonesome Polecat" and an excellent performance of "Minnie the Moocher" by Cab Calloway.

I've also added a boatload of old commercial spots, PSA's and clips from those infamous, tacky education films to the "After Dark" playlist.  Keep an ear out for select clips from a film called "Eat For Health".  I think you'll get a kick out of those.  In fact, some of those made it onto the podcast.

And, believe it or not, I working on Christmas music but you won't get to hear them until after Thanksgiving.  😀

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Music Played on Swing City Radio...

The vintage Big Band and Swing music you hear on Swing City Radio is rescued from the vast archives of Old Time Radio Broadcasts, Armed Forc...